During the March school holidays, me and wife spontaneously decided to take our kids to the Lata Kinjang waterfalls...
Take a journey across space and time through the multi-dimensional door that is the soul of my being... For the Salik (Arabic for traveller, also a Sufi term for a searcher) merges in him the raw qualities of an earthly being nicely blended with the divine qualities that belong to Him, the Alpha and Omega of everything.
This blogspot is a medium to share my thoughts and adventures apart from promoting my books. Below are the books which have been written or authored and published by myself.
"Berpetualang ke Aceh: Mencari Diri dan Erti".
ISBN 983-42031-0-1, Jun 2006
"Berpetualang ke Aceh: Membela Syiar yang Asal"
ISBN 983-42031-1-x, May 2007
"Berpetualang ke Aceh: Sirih Pulang ke Gagang?"
ISBN 978-983-42031-2-2, November 2007
It is interesting to note that while these books were written in Malay it has gained enough attention to merit being part of the collections of the American Library of Congress and National Library of Australia. Look here and here.
While the first three books were published by my own company, the fourth titled "Rumah Azan" was published in April 2009 by a company called Karnadya with the help of the Malaysian national literary body Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka. It features beautiful pictures along with stories behind selected mosques which could be related to the history of Islam and the Malays alongside the formation of the Malaysian nation. Look at the article A collaboration of old collegemates - the book "Rumah Azan".
My fifth book "Ahlul Bait (Family) of Rasulullah SAW and Malay Sultanates", an English translation and adaptation of the Malay book "Ahlul Bait (Keluarga) Rasulullah SAW dan Kesultanan Melayu" authored by Hj Muzaffar Mohamad and Tun Suzana Othman was published early 2010. Look here... My 5th book is out! Ahlul Bait (Family) of Rasulullah SAW and the Malay Sultanates... . For more information check out my Malay blogspot CATATAN SI MERAH SILU.
Like my fourth book "Rumah Azan", the sixth book "Kereta Api Menuju Destinasi" is also a coffee-table book which is published by the company Karnadya with the cooperation of Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka (the main Malay literary body in Malaysia). Coming out January 2011 it features pictures and stories on the adventure travelling by train to all of Peninsular Malaysia along with the interesting places which could be reached this way.
My seventh book "Jejak keluarga Yakin : Satu sketsa sejarah" in turn is a coffee-table book which is written, editted, designed and has pictures taken by me. Coming out of the factory October 2011, this book which combines family history with history of places such as Singapura, Johor, Batu Pahat, Muar and in fact the history of the island of Java and England has been reviewed with me interviewed live in the program Selamat Pagi Malaysia at RTM1. Look at the article Siaran langsung ulasan buku "Jejak keluarga Yakin : Satu sketsa sejarah" dan temu ramah di Selamat Pagi Malaysia. Some selected contents have been featured in Sneak peek "Jejak keluarga Yakin : Satu sketsa sejarah".
The "Berpetualang ke Aceh" series of novels could be obtained in e-book form. Enter http://www.e-sentral.com/, click general novel and go to page 4. You can also type the word "Aceh" at the search box. Or click straight Book 1, Book 2 and Book 3.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
A visit to the high waterfalls at Lata Kinjang
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Celebrating the Prophet's birthday in Aceh articles in full
Since the series "Celebrating the Prophet's birthday in Aceh" have been succesfully completed, it makes good sense to do a compilation of the links. Here I'd like to also add links to the stories running alongside in the blogspot CATATAN SI MERAH SILU (which features video clips of this trip). Do enjoy it OK... :]
1. Maulidur Rasul di Aceh : Dari Perak bertukar ke Perlak...
2. Celebrating the Prophet's birthday in Aceh : A sudden unexpected trip...
3. Maulidur Rasul di Aceh : Ke kompleks anak yatim Nurin di Lhoong
4. Celebrating the Prophet's birthday in Aceh : A feeling of old Kedah... or rather, old Malay country before Western colonialists spoiled everything?
5. Maulidur Rasul di Aceh : Makam Syiah Kuala... dan makam Maharajalela Abdul Rahim...
6. Celebrating the Prophet's birthday in Aceh : Enter the tomb of Syiah Kuala...
7. Maulidur Rasul di Aceh : Pemandangan kapal apung...
8. Celebrating the Prophet's birthday in Aceh : The ship that got swept inland by the Tsunami of 2004
9. Maulidur Rasul di Aceh : Gunongan dan beberapa tempat bersejarah di Banda Aceh
10. Celebrating the Prophet's birthday in Aceh : The historical sites at Banda Aceh
11. Maulidur Rasul di Aceh : Rombongan ke Perlak...
12. Maulidur Rasul di Aceh : Majlis Maulud di Masjid Nurun Niswah, Perlak
13. Maulidur Rasul di Aceh : Makam Sultan Saiyid Maulana Abdul Aziz Shah...
14. Celebrating the Prophet's birthday in Aceh : Maulidur Rasul, the Ahlul Bait Sultan and a legacy from old Perlak
15. Maulidur Rasul di Aceh : Kuala Idi dan makam raja daerah sini...
16. Celebrating the Prophet's birthday in Aceh : The kings of Idi
17. Maulidur Rasul di Aceh : Makam Sultan Malikus Saleh!
18. Maulidur Rasul di Aceh : Kembali ke Banda Aceh, singgah ke Masjid Raya Baiturrahman
19. Celebrating the Prophet's birthday in Aceh : Back to Banda Aceh
Celebrating the Prophet's birthday in Aceh : Back to Banda Aceh
Here's a pix in front of our hotel.
That very afternoon we took the flight back to Malaysia. So this is the end of the "Celebrating the Prophet's birthday in Aceh" series. Cheers! :]