This blogspot is a medium to share my thoughts and adventures apart from promoting my books. Below are the books which have been written or authored and published by myself.
"Berpetualang ke Aceh: Mencari Diri dan Erti".
ISBN 983-42031-0-1, Jun 2006
"Berpetualang ke Aceh: Membela Syiar yang Asal"
ISBN 983-42031-1-x, May 2007
"Berpetualang ke Aceh: Sirih Pulang ke Gagang?"
ISBN 978-983-42031-2-2, November 2007
It is interesting to note that while these books were written in Malay it has gained enough attention to merit being part of the collections of the American Library of Congress and National Library of Australia. Look here and here.
While the first three books were published by my own company, the fourth titled "Rumah Azan" was published in April 2009 by a company called Karnadya with the help of the Malaysian national literary body Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka. It features beautiful pictures along with stories behind selected mosques which could be related to the history of Islam and the Malays alongside the formation of the Malaysian nation. Look at the article A collaboration of old collegemates - the book "Rumah Azan".
My fifth book "Ahlul Bait (Family) of Rasulullah SAW and Malay Sultanates", an English translation and adaptation of the Malay book "Ahlul Bait (Keluarga) Rasulullah SAW dan Kesultanan Melayu" authored by Hj Muzaffar Mohamad and Tun Suzana Othman was published early 2010. Look here... My 5th book is out! Ahlul Bait (Family) of Rasulullah SAW and the Malay Sultanates... . For more information check out my Malay blogspot CATATAN SI MERAH SILU.
Like my fourth book "Rumah Azan", the sixth book "Kereta Api Menuju Destinasi" is also a coffee-table book which is published by the company Karnadya with the cooperation of Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka (the main Malay literary body in Malaysia). Coming out January 2011 it features pictures and stories on the adventure travelling by train to all of Peninsular Malaysia along with the interesting places which could be reached this way.
My seventh book "Jejak keluarga Yakin : Satu sketsa sejarah" in turn is a coffee-table book which is written, editted, designed and has pictures taken by me. Coming out of the factory October 2011, this book which combines family history with history of places such as Singapura, Johor, Batu Pahat, Muar and in fact the history of the island of Java and England has been reviewed with me interviewed live in the program Selamat Pagi Malaysia at RTM1. Look at the article Siaran langsung ulasan buku "Jejak keluarga Yakin : Satu sketsa sejarah" dan temu ramah di Selamat Pagi Malaysia. Some selected contents have been featured in Sneak peek "Jejak keluarga Yakin : Satu sketsa sejarah".
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Monday, October 08, 2012
1. Akan datang cerita - Perjalanan jauh bermotosikal besar pertama setelah 9 tahun
2. Perjalanan jauh bermotosikal besar setelah 9 tahun - Cabaran menunggang ke Raub melalui Bukit Fraser
3. Lipis river at Batu Malim
4. Jelai river near Pos Betau
5. Jelai river from further up Pos Betau
6. The views from a fully elevated part of the Sungai Koyan-Cameron Highlands road
7. A look at some development just after entering Cameron Highlands
8. A misty after rain look at the Bharat plantations
9. Bharat plantations from a higher point of view
10. Walking from Tanah Rata mosque
11. Perjalanan jauh bermotosikal besar setelah 9 tahun - Ujian Sungai Koyan ke Cameron Highlands
12. A morning look at the town of Brinchang
13. The road up Mount Brinchang
14. The Mossy Forest of Cameron Highlands
15. The perimeter fencing at Mount Brinchang
16. Summit of Mount Brinchang from its viewing tower
17. Town of Kampung Raja from its mosque
18. What happened to this stop at the Simpang Pulai route?
19. Views from the Chinese graveyard in Papan
20. Perjalanan jauh bermotosikal besar setelah 9 tahun - Mendaki Gunung Brinchang sebelum melawat tempat-tempat di Perak
21. Perak river from Kuala Kenas
22. Perjalanan jauh bermotosikal besar setelah 9 tahun - Makam-makam lama dari Kuala Kangsar hingga ke Bota dan Lambor
23. Beruas river from Kampung Kota
24. Beruas river at Pengkalan Baru
25. Finally. The Beruas river estuary
26. River Dinding from Changkat Keruing
27. Views from Baitul Hilal observation tower in Segari
28. The Sepit river from a place inland
29. Dinding river and its surroundings from across the Lumut naval base
30. Sepit river near its estuary
31. Perjalanan jauh bermotosikal besar setelah 9 tahun - Cabaran pusing Beruas-Gangganegara?
32. Going to the tomb of Sultan Iskandar Zulkarnain through a palm estate
33. Looking again at the abandoned old mosque in Teluk Memali
34. The cleared tomb of Sultan Abdul Malik Mansur
35. Perak river upstream from Teluk Memali
36. Another visit to the tomb of Sultan Mahmud ibni Sultan Muhammad Amanullah
37. Perjalanan jauh bermotosikal besar setelah 9 tahun - Jejak Laksamana Aceh...