This blogspot is a medium to share my thoughts and adventures apart from promoting my books. Below are the books which have been written or authored and published by myself.
"Berpetualang ke Aceh: Mencari Diri dan Erti".
ISBN 983-42031-0-1, Jun 2006
"Berpetualang ke Aceh: Membela Syiar yang Asal"
ISBN 983-42031-1-x, May 2007
"Berpetualang ke Aceh: Sirih Pulang ke Gagang?"
ISBN 978-983-42031-2-2, November 2007
It is interesting to note that while these books were written in Malay it has gained enough attention to merit being part of the collections of the American Library of Congress and National Library of Australia. Look here and here.
While the first three books were published by my own company, the fourth titled "Rumah Azan" was published in April 2009 by a company called Karnadya with the help of the Malaysian national literary body Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka. It features beautiful pictures along with stories behind selected mosques which could be related to the history of Islam and the Malays alongside the formation of the Malaysian nation. Look at the article A collaboration of old collegemates - the book "Rumah Azan".
My fifth book "Ahlul Bait (Family) of Rasulullah SAW and Malay Sultanates", an English translation and adaptation of the Malay book "Ahlul Bait (Keluarga) Rasulullah SAW dan Kesultanan Melayu" authored by Hj Muzaffar Mohamad and Tun Suzana Othman was published early 2010. Look here... My 5th book is out! Ahlul Bait (Family) of Rasulullah SAW and the Malay Sultanates... . For more information check out my Malay blogspot CATATAN SI MERAH SILU.
Like my fourth book "Rumah Azan", the sixth book "Kereta Api Menuju Destinasi" is also a coffee-table book which is published by the company Karnadya with the cooperation of Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka (the main Malay literary body in Malaysia). Coming out January 2011 it features pictures and stories on the adventure travelling by train to all of Peninsular Malaysia along with the interesting places which could be reached this way.
My seventh book "Jejak keluarga Yakin : Satu sketsa sejarah" in turn is a coffee-table book which is written, editted, designed and has pictures taken by me. Coming out of the factory October 2011, this book which combines family history with history of places such as Singapura, Johor, Batu Pahat, Muar and in fact the history of the island of Java and England has been reviewed with me interviewed live in the program Selamat Pagi Malaysia at RTM1. Look at the article Siaran langsung ulasan buku "Jejak keluarga Yakin : Satu sketsa sejarah" dan temu ramah di Selamat Pagi Malaysia. Some selected contents have been featured in Sneak peek "Jejak keluarga Yakin : Satu sketsa sejarah".
Friday, April 13, 2012
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
1. Akan datang - Jejak "Berpetualang ke Aceh"
Monday, April 09, 2012
1. Diperkenalkan : Kembara Johor-Riau
2. Kembara Johor-Riau : Muar, Singapura, Parit Betak
3. Boat trip to Riau from Johor
5. The Pompong ride from Tanjung Pinang to Pulau Penyengat
6. Kembara Johor-Riau - Dari Tanjung Pinang ke Pulau Penyengat
7. The scenic rivers at Hulu Riau
8. Kembara Johor-Riau - Makam-makam di Hulu Riau dan alamat salasilah ibu
9. Kembara Johor-Riau - 333 tahun Hulu Riau menjadi pusat empayar
10. Johor river from Kota Tinggi jetty
11. Kembara Johor-Riau - Mencari kesinambungan pemerintahan di Kota Tinggi, Johor
12. Johor river from Kota Tinggi town bridge
14. Sedili river at Tanjung Sedili
16. Sedili river estuary from Sedili Besar
18. Mersing river near its estuary
21. The beach at Mersing's Kampung Makam
22. River Endau just before town
23. River Endau from the town bridge